With new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, we are pleased to announce changes in our visiting hours and policies. St. Jane, along with these agencies, recognize the fact that most nursing facility residents and staff are now vaccinated and the quality of life and rights of residents and patients need to be considered in all decisions.
While the precautions during your visit have not changed, we will no longer shut down visitation due to staff positive cases in the facility. Closing visitation will be based on widespread cases and/or direction from the Lancaster County Health Department.
Please keep in mind that COVID-19 prevention practices in the community are much more relaxed and the numbers of positive cases in our community are rising. We ask that you are diligent in following prevention practices and follow every guideline regardless of vaccination status. If you do not feel well, do not visit. All visitors must hand sanitize upon entering the facility and change into a clean procedure mask provided at the entrance. Your mask must be over your mouth and nose at all times during your visit. Precautions must be adhered to at all times. Visitor compliance with all infection prevention will be monitored by staff and if necessary visitors will be asked to leave the facility if not in compliance.
Effective immediately our visitation policy is the following:
- Visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week (scheduling is not required).
- Visits for vaccinated residents can now occur in semi-private rooms as long as both residents are vaccinated.
- Visits for unvaccinated residents or immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination status) will be arranged in large meeting room rather than the patient room.
- In order to maintain recommended physical distancing no more than two visitors are recommended at a time. More than two visitors at a time requires special arrangements in a larger space where physical distancing can be maintained. These requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We will continue to utilize the kiosk for all visitor screening at the St. Jane 52nd Street entrance/door 8. An ID is required with the kiosk. Once the screening process is successful, visitors may proceed to their prospective units for the visit.
- Please remember that all visitors whether visiting inside or outside must be screened.
- Children 5 and over may visit inside but must be able to maintain proper mask usage and must be screened prior to their visit.
- Visits outside are encouraged whenever possible/
- No eating or drinking during the visit with the exception of patients/residents eating their meals.
- Thorough hand hygiene needs to occur when entering or leaving the building, adjusting or touching your mask and after using the restroom.
- Visitors must remain in the resident/patient room or designated visitation area during the entire visit unless using the restroom.
- Visitors are encouraged to be vaccinated.
Madonna staff can assist patients with setting up video chats (Zoom, Facetime, Duo, etc.) to communicate with family and friends using the patient’s own device or an MRH device that is compatible with other devices. Please call 402.413.3716 (leave a voice mail message), or email email@example.com if you would like to set up a date and time for a video chat.