St. Jane De Chantal prides itself on being known for a commitment to family-centered care. We understand the importance of a loved one’s involvement, but unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we have had to alter what that involvement looks like. The policies for visitation in response to COVID-19 are in the best interest of the health and safety of our patients, residents and employees. Our guidelines and policies are in alignment with federal CDC guidelines, CMS licensing guidance, state and local public health guidance through DHHS and other local agencies.
Although St. Jane is part of Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals, St. Jane operates under different licensure and therefore policies will differ. Please refer to this website rather than Madonna.org for any questions regarding St. Jane De Chantal.
Please keep in mind that COVID-19 prevention practices in the community are much more relaxed and the numbers of positive cases in our community are rising. We ask that you are diligent in following prevention practices and follow every guideline regardless of vaccination status. If you do not feel well, do not visit. All visitors must hand sanitize upon entering the facility and change into a clean procedure mask provided at the entrance. Your mask must be over your mouth and nose at all times during your visit. Precautions must be adhered to at all times. Visitor compliance with all infection prevention will be monitored by staff and if necessary visitors will be asked to leave the facility if not in compliance.
Effective immediately our visitation policy is the following:
- Visitors will no longer be required to enter their ID at the KIOSK and will not receive a sticker for entrance.
- All visitors will be required to wear their masks properly at all times while in the facility including resident/patient rooms.
- Only two (2) visitors allowed at a time in the resident/patient rooms but larger groups will be accommodated in a larger meeting room.
- Outside visits are encouraged when possible.
- Social distancing will be encouraged at all times during the visit.
- Visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- In the absence of an active screener, visitors are still required to screen upon entrance.
- All visitors are encouraged to be vaccinated.
- Thorough hand hygiene needs to occur when entering or leaving the building, adjusting or touching your mask and after using the restroom.
- No eating or drinking during the visit with the exception of patients/residents eating their meals
- Children 5 and over may visit inside but must be able to maintain proper mask usage and must be screened prior to their visit.
- Please remember that all visitors whether visiting inside or outside must be screened.
Madonna staff can assist patients and residents with setting up video chats (Zoom, Facetime, Duo, etc.) to communicate with family and friends using the patient’s own device or an MRH device that is compatible with other devices. Please call 402.413.3716 (leave a voice mail message), or email email@example.com if you would like to set up a date and time for a video chat.