Licensed as a skilled nursing facility and accredited by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, the Transitional Care Unit (TCU) is a 26-bed unit with all private rooms. TCU patients have access to Madonna's exceptional medical rehabilitation services and nursing care, as well as a dedicated therapy gym and expanded activities area. Patients on the TCU receive therapy to meet individual needs five days per week, as well as skilled nursing care.
To be eligible for admission to the TCU, the patient must have a daily skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitation need which requires medical services, such as:
- Need for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech therapy less than 3 hours per day.
- Need for short-term rehabilitation for cardiac condition or following cardiovascular surgery.
- Nutritional support of a feeding tube with potential for discontinuation.
- IV medication administration
- Wound management
- Nursing observation/management and respiratory therapy for aerosol treatments.
- Face-to-face physician visit, if needed, up to 3 times weekly.